Happy 3rd Birthday Talk Boost KS1!
Another incredible year has flown by, with today marking three hugely successful years of Talk Boost KS1; I CAN’s KS1 speech, language and communication intervention. Almost 2,00 schools have implemented the intervention over the last three years, and more than 30,000 children being reached, Talk Boost KS1 has gone from strength to strength, continuing to deliver the fantastic outcomes that the pilot suggested it could
With many Talk Boost KS1 schools choosing to send in their outcomes data, we are proud to be able to share some of the impact statistics with you:
– More than 75% of children reached expected levels in their ability to talk in sentences and no longer need extra help, an increase of more than 50 percentage points.
– The number of children reaching expected levels and no longer needing help to talk in sentences almost tripled.
– 72% of children reached expected levels in understanding and using vocabulary meaning that they no longer need extra help (compared with 29 % before).
– The number of children reaching expected levels in their ability to understand and use vocabulary more than doubled; skills vital for academic progress.
– 8 times as many children reached expected levels in their ability to understand and tell stories, meaning they no longer needed extra help.
– More than 66% of children no longer need help understanding language, as they have reached expected levels. This is an increase of almost 50 percentage points.
These results illustrate the lasting integrity of Talk Boost KS1. Three years after we first rolled out the programme, children are still making the same amounts of progress as when the programme was first piloted, with up to 78% of children moving into the expected range in some areas of language.
Having proved its calibre, Talk Boost KS1 high impact, evidence based and structured approach has quickly made it a favourite among school staff, placing it as I CAN’s most popular intervention programme.
But that’s enough from us; here are some comments directly from those using the intervention programme:
“Talk Boost KS1 – giving you the skills to support 4-7 year olds with language delay.” This is such an amazing intervention!– Alex Clark, West Yorkshire.
“The 10 weeks of support is making a massive difference…it benefits the individual child so much,” – Higher Level TA, Rochdale
“It takes precedence over everything else as we see it as so important” – Gail Roles, SENCO at Oyster Park School
To find out more about how Talk Boost KS1 can benefit your school or to book training, please email TalkBoostKS1@ican.org.uk or call us on 0207 843 2515.