It’s not too late to book your Talk Boost Training for January’s INSET Day!
With the festive period and New Year fast approaching, many schools will be looking to fill their inset day on 5th January with some constructive and engaging training. The forthcoming inset day is the perfect opportunity for your school to establish the Talk Boost intervention programme ready for the new term.
Talk Boost is a structured and robustly evidenced programme aimed at children aged 4-7. The programme has been show to boost a child’s communication by an average of 18 months after ten weeks of intervention. With Ofsted now evaluating how well pupils develop and apply their skills in communication and how well communication is taught; Talk Boost is the ideal programme to assist primary schools, teachers and teaching assistants to develop the communication and language skills of their pupils and provide compelling evidence of such.
Setting up the Talk Boost programme in your school or setting consists of one days training which is delivered onsite and includes all the accompanying intervention resources plus all training materials.
Talk Boost is the ideal intervention to help you help your children, especially if you are experiencing any of the following…
- Have 4-7 year olds in your class or primary school with poor language
- Want to help learners that are under-achieving
- Worry that these children are being left behind their peers
- Want to give children the foundation skills to access phonics, reading and writing
- Want to deliver a proven intervention that helps Reception and KS1 children make progress
- Want to understand how Talk Boost can support different groups of children such as those with English as an Additional Language (EAL)
What’s more, the Talk Boost interventions can be lead by TAs which makes them an especially effective use of your support staffs’ time and talent.
At the moment we still have trainers available to visit you on 5th January; to take advantage of this excellent opportunity please contact us on the below details by 12th December 2014 so we can ensure you receive your resources before the Christmas break!