The I CAN Help Enquiry Service
Concerned about a child’s talking, listening and understanding? Are you looking for more information about speech, language and communication?
Call 020 7843 2544 to arrange a free phone call from one of our qualified speech and language therapists through the I CAN Help Enquiry Service.
I CAN has helped hundreds of parents and practitioners by providing useful information and resources. Our experts can help in the following areas:
- Suggesting ideas and activities for developing speech, language and communication skills, as well as sending out some of our resources free of charge where they might help.
- Explaining what speech and language therapy is and how it can benefit children and young adults.
- Talking you through communication milestones and typical language development.
- Directing you to information, training and research about best practice for professionals, as well as information on ways to support children in pre-school/school settings.
- Explaining what you can do to help your child get the right support. This may involve signposting to other fantastic organisations such as Afasic, OAASIS, The National Autistic Society, and AACKnowledge.
If you – or anyone you know! – would benefit from useful tips, resources, relevant activities and signposting, why not get in touch? If you work in a childcare setting or school you may also wish to order some of our postcards to hand out to parents and colleagues free of charge.
As this service does not include meeting and assessing children, we are unable to provide specific advice about a child or the level of provision they should have.
After a call with one of our therapists, you are welcome to call back and with any further questions that might crop up. You may also wish to take a look at the following for a little extra information!
- Our therapists have also created a number of Factsheets based on the questions they are most frequently asked about speech, language and communication. You can find them here.
- Please also visit the Talking Point website for more information about speech, language and communication
- Visit our online shop to take a look at the resources!